Thursday, April 16, 2015

Welcome!

Hello Horse Racing Fans.  My name is Philip Anderson, and I am from Madison, Wisconsin.  I first became infatuated with horse racing, specifically the Triple Crown, in 2011.  My brother and I were surfing channels on a Saturday in May.  We stumbled on the NBC coverage of the Preakness Stakes.  Immediately I was hooked on the Triple Crown.  They are races woven into American tradition.  Each race over a century old.  Races that are only about two minutes long and yet have as much excitement as Super Bowl.  The next day, I watched the last twenty years worth of Triple Crown races.  Each one more tantalizing than the last.  This blog is meant to help people fall in love with horse racing and learn more about this American tradition and unappreciated spectacle.  Posts will be about different trends and observations that I see n the horse racing world.  The blog will be centered around the Triple Crown, and the Breeder's Cup.  These posts, as I mentioned, are trends, not predictions.  I will have some predictions, but for the most part, what you will read about are trends and observations.  Some posts may seem contradictory but that's sometimes what happens.  That's what also make it fun and interesting.  Please feel free to comment and I hope you enjoy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment